Bypass HEPA Filters
In this COVID-19 world, the CDC recommends the use of MERV 13 or higher Air Filters. Hospitals use High Efficiency Particulate Arrestance (HEPA) filters because they are considered the best filters on the market today. HEPA filters were originally developed by the Atomic Energy Commission during World War II to remove hazardous radioactive dust from manufacturing plant exhausts. In order to receive a HEPA filter designation, a filter must collect 99.97% of a specific particulate that measures 0.3 microns in size, in tests established by the Institute of Environmental Sciences. Our Bypass HEPA Filter Systems are 99.97% effective at .3 microns and remove particles as small as .01 microns.
HEPA systems require a large “blower” or fan and motor to force air through the filtration media. The expense of modifying an existing HVAC system to handle the addition of a HEPA filter can be cost prohibitive. That’s why we place our UVS-BH3 Bypass HEPA Filter parallel to the airstream instead of across it. Instead of forcing all the airflow through the HEPA filter, we redirect about 1/3 of the air is through the UVS-BH3 each time the air circulates through the system. After multiple passes virtually all of the air cleansed without the need for a costly HVAC system replacement or extensive modifications. Working in combination with our pleated pre-filter to capture large particles, the UVS-BH3 system is designed to operate at peak performance for up to two years before requiring replacement of the HEPA filter. Additional filtering is available by adding our Polarized filter as well.
SAFE & QUIET OPERATION
- The compact, and lightweight design is quiet.
- The energy-efficient blower motor pulls air through the pre-filter simultaneously pushing the air through the HEPA media and carbon filters which helps isolate sounds from the motor and moving air.
- The cabinet is thermally insulated providing an even quieter operation.
AFFORDABLE & FLEXIBLE
- The UVS-BH3 can be installed in virtually any type of heating and cooling system.
- The system can even be installed in homes without central heat and air systems.
- The two-speed PSC motor saves energy and has been pre-lubricated so it’s maintenance-free for the life of the motor.
THREE STAGE FILTERING + HEPA RATED
- Stage 1 – Captures large particulates with a pleated pre-filter that is 30% efficient.
- Stage 2 – Absorbs common household odors with an activated-carbon filter.
- Stage 3 – True HEPA filter is 99.97% captures particles down to 0.01 microns in size.
- CSA certified.
SAFE and EASY TO MAINTAIN
- Filters are located behind an easy access door.
- Safety switch prevents the motor from running when replacing filters.
- Activated-carbon filters should be replaced twice annually.
- Pleated pre-filters should be replaced twice annually.
- The HEPA filter should be replaced every other year.
At UV Shield, we want to make fresh air a breeze! So ask us about our FREE Filter Reminder and affordable Filter Replacement Services.